I am an IT-Consultant for a software-company with twenty years of job experience. Target group are all publishing companies and similar like despatch book traders. From this occupation I have specific knowledge in the areas of
- customer (CRM) and item management,
- delivery and merchandise management,
- marketing and advertising,
- subscriptions (digital and print),
- advertisement sales,
- review management,
- author's royalties,
- planning of new books,
- web apps (shop, selling digital content, metadata, ONIX),
and many other areas of daily publishing business.
Part of my duties are
- the optimization of communication with customers, customer care and upselling by
- consulting on new products
- in daily routines and in special projects.
For these projects
- I organise the cooperation of customers and colleagues
- in order to ensure that the project commitments are achieved reliably in time and budget.
I care for
- tender proposal and tracking,
- software presentations with customers, who want to expand into further modules and
- not-yet customers and on trade fairs.
I have to
- identify important challenges for the company and
- convenient solution for our customers by
- observing developments of the market and
- supporting the hotline.
I try to find
- valuable enhancements of the software and
- to plan product developments by
- writing programming requirements.
It belongs to my tasks
- to optimize and compile workflows together with our customers,
- to write mapping documents for data migrations,
- testing the software to confirm bugs in order to fix them before released to users and
- to write manuals and documentation before
- I install the software and
- train the customers.
I try to be handy where ever I am needed.